***Please note that if your school system is listed, but has no information beside it, you will stay on a NORMAL schedule. Again, if your school has no information after the name, there have been NO changes reported.***
We will update this list as information is released. If you hear of any closings, delays, or early dismissals, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. These are all the closings, delays, and early dismissals at this time.
- Floyd County Schools: Following the Governor’s latest announcement concerning closings during Georgia’s State of Emergency, #FloydCoSchools will remain closed to all faculty, staff, and students tomorrow, Thursday, January 18. Stay safe and warm!
- Rome City Schools: Schools are Closed for Thursday January 18, 2018. This is their message: Based on low temperatures, ice on secondary roads, and the Governor’s Executive Order declaring a State of Emergency, Rome City Schools will remain closed to faculty, staff and students tomorrow, Thursday, January 18, 2018. Parents, please encourage students to continue working on assignments that were given. The safety of our students, staff and faculty is always a top priority.
- St. Mary’s School: School is out for Thursday January 18, 2018. Saint Mary’s had a great idea, please read their complete statement: We are out of school tomorrow! …..saw this on another page and thought it would be a great idea!(Thanks Ginger DeAngelus Jarrell) With an extra day off it would be a great time to wash your child’s jackets, backpacks, shoes, etc. and help us fight off the flu. You can also wipe down their lunch boxes, binders, etc with Clorox or Lysol wipes. Help keep colds and flu out of school!
- Unity Christian School: Unity families: Due to continued icy road conditions and the State of Emergency declared by Governor Deal school is canceled for Thursday.
- Berry Elementary and Middle School: Closed Thursday January 18, 2018.
- Excel: No update
- Darlington: In the interest of the health and safety of our students, Darlington will be closed on Thursday. Students are encouraged to check their assignments page and email. Friday will be a Day 2.
- Montessori School: will open at 8:30 in the morning. There will be no early drop off. Staff, please report at 8:15.
- Walker County Schools: Based on the state of Emergency declared by Governor Deal and current hazardous road conditions on the mountain, ridges, and many back roads, Walker County Schools will remain closed on Thursday, January 18, 2018. Decisions regarding Friday will be made quickly and posted on all social media outlets. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this weather even
- Chattooga County Schools: Closed for Thursday January 18, 2018
- Trion City Schools: Closed for Thursday January 18, 2018
- Gordon County Schools: Closed for Thursday January 18, 2018
- Calhoun City Schools: Closed for Thursday January 18, 2018
- Polk County Schools: Closed for Thursday January 18, 2018
- Bartow County Schools: No classes for students on Thursday. 231 employees should report.
- Cartersville City Schools: will be closed for students on Thursday; all staff are to report at 9 a.m. or when it’s safe to travel.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical School: GNTC will delay opening tomorrow, Thursday, January 18, until 10am. All campuses will open at 10. Any class scheduled before 10am is canceled, unless you are otherwise notified by your instructor.
- Georgia Highlands College: In compliance with the Governor’s executive order and request to stay off the roads due to safety concerns, all GHC locations will be closed Thursday, January 18th. Check highlands.edu for updates.
- Shorter University: All Classes and Activities cancelled for Thursday January 18, 2018.
- Berry College:
- For the safety of our employees and clients, the Georgia Department of Public Health Northwest Health District office in Rome and all our county health departments (Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Floyd, Gordon, Haralson, Paulding, Polk, and Walker) will remain closed Thursday, Jan., 18, and reopen for regular business hours Friday, Jan., 19.