Local candidates continue to qualify to represent you. Qualifying ends Friday and some candidates may still draw opponents.
Republicans who have qualified:
- Dave Sharpe – School Board Dist. 2
- Hank Yeargin – School Board Dist. 4
- Incumbent Mark Stambaugh – County Commission At Large Post 1
- Jane Fraser – County Commission At Large Post 1
Democrats who have qualified:
- Cedrick King – House District 167
- Julie Jordan – House District 179
- Jerry Dagen – Senate District 3
- Markisha Butler – School Board At-Large
- Regina Johnson – School Board District 4
- Sharon Robinson – School Board District 2
- Vicki Greene – Glynn County Commission Dist. 4
- Barbara Baisden – County Commission District 3.
Candidates with primary opponents will be decided on May 22, 2018. Republican incumbents Representative Jeff Jones ( House District 167) and Don Hogan ( House District 179) are expected to qualify this week for their respective seats, but they have not officially done so at this time. Republican State Senator William Ligon is also expected to quality along with Republican incumbent Bill Brunson, current Glynn County Commission Chairman.